Roles and Responsibilities
1. DISB is the single point of interface between DRDO and Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, HQ IDS and MoD (Acquisition) and provides technical inputs for capital procurement of the Services in the following:
a. Capital Acquisition Proposals
b. Formulation of various acquisition policies and procedures and provide DRDO’s viewpoint
c. Formulation of Services Qualitative Requirements (SQRs)
d. Formulation of Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP)
e. ‘Make’ Proposals identified by users
2. This Directorate also facilitates in the design and development of systems by DRDO by conductingjoint reviewsat different levels with the three Services and Indian Coast Guard.Biannual Reviews with the Services are also organised,at the Apex level, to monitor the progress of projects and get decisions for progressing further.
3. DISB analyses the Long Term Integrated Perspective Plan (LTIPP) of the Services and provides appropriate inputs for synchronization with LTTPP of DRDO.
4. Identifies areas where DRDO needs to take up developments based on user requirements.
5. Facilitates induction of systems already developed by DRDO labs, wherever there is a user requirement.
6. Resolves issues and facilitates way-forward among Users, Production Agencies and DRDO labs.
7. Analysis of agenda, participation incategorisation Committee meetings to provide DRDO’s views on categorisation.
8. DISB co-ordinates with the labs for rendering necessary technical expertise of DRDO to various committees/ mechanisms,constituted by MoD/SHQs, responsible for contributing towards capability building of Armed Forces.