DMRL has developed vacuum investment casting process to produce state‐of‐the‐art Directionally Solidified (DS) and Single Crystal (SX) blades and vanes for aero gas turbine engines.
Components for gas turbine engines of aircraft for high efficiency, high thrust and low specific fuel consumption.
- Directionally solidified turbine blades and vanes are columnar grained hollow castings with thin walled aerofoils between two shrouds
- Single crystal turbine blades and vanes are produced by using orthogonal grain selector from advanced Ni‐base super alloys
- Ceramic silica cores are used to get hollow cast components
- Intricate cooling channels are possible
- DS and SX components can operate at higher temperatures and enhance engine efficiency and service life