Shri Atul Dinkar Rane
Outstanding Scientist & Director General, BrahMos Aerospace
Shri Atul D. Rane, Scientist ‘H’/OS is a Graduate in Electronics & Communication Engineering from Guindy Engineering College, Chennai with a Post-Graduation in Guided Missiles from the University of Poona.
- He joined DRDO in 1987 as Scientist ‘B’ in the Institute of Armament Technology, Pune where he was a member of the Guided Missile Faculty.
- In 1988, he was posted to the Defence Research & Development Laboratory, Hyderabad in the Systems Analysis Directorate performing Digital Simulation and Hardware-In-Loop Simulation for the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme.
- He joined the Onboard Computers Division of RCI, Hyderabad in 1996 where he developed the Onboard Mission Software and created an Integrated Test Bed for testing the avionics systems of Agni.
- In 1998, designated as Programme Manager (Avionics & System Integration) for the DRDO share of the work of the BrahMos Joint Venture with Russia.
- He was deputed to the Embassy of India, Moscow as Counsellor (Defence Technology) in 2010.
- October 2013, appointed as Director, Systems Analysis & Modelling Centre at the DRDO HQ.
- Assumed charge as Director International Cooperation, DRDO HQ in October 2015.
- Member of the Systems Society of India, Computer Society of India, Astronautical Society of India and Society for Aerospace Quality & Reliability.