The core competencies/ strength areas of CABS are in the following Technologies:
- Airborne Surveillance System
- Hardware and Software technologies for Airborne Surveillance Mission Computer
- Multi-Functional smart tactical Airborne consoles and Human Man-Machine Interface
- Audio Communication Management System
- Integrated Communication Controller
- Tactical Software for C4ISR
- Transmit Receive Multi Module for airborne surveillance
- AESA & PESA based Radar System Technologies
- Multi Output and VME based Power Supplies
- General purpose I/O Boards
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) to DO 178B Standard
- Qualification of Systems for Airborne Applications
- Aircraft modification, Structural / Thermal design for Airborne Systems
- Flight testing
- Aircraft Operation and Maintenance
- Modelling and Simulation of various airborne and maritime surveillance sensors and communication systems
Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) with development of the critical technology
Design, Development and Certification of airborne AESA based antenna and its critical technologies namely Transmit Receive (TR) module (joint patent), Multi Output Pulsed Power Supplies, Antenna Control Electronics, considering the aerodynamic,thermal and structural aspects has been established at CABS.
AESA based Active Antenna Array Unit (AAAU) for airborne applications and the critical building block has been patented and this technology has been used in AEW&C. Similar design has been carried out for other bands including IFF.
Expertise in development of mission management system which includes customised hardware and software development for command and control, state management, health monitoring, Multi Sensor Data Fusion and integrated battle management is available.
Multi-Functional Smart Tactical Consoles
Expertise in customisation of HMI based on user requirement depicting the complete situational awareness is established by providing solution for both hardware and software taking into consideration the complete ergonomics.
Multi Output and VME based Power Supplies
The design of Multi Output power supply and VME power supply (joint patent) calls for stringent 704D and EMI/EMC 461 E/F compliance. These power supplies can handle different types of loads including pulsed/ resistive loads, have been designed and productionised for airborne applications.
General Purpose I/O Boards
Several general purpose IO boards have been designed and productionised for various applications in airborne systems. Some of these boards have different types of IOs supporting TTL, LVDS and other differential and non-differential interface logics. These boards also support different types of bus such as Ethernet, VME, RS232/ 422/ 485 etc.
Dome Systems for AWACS & Radomes
CABS has developed and established complete capability to design, develop and manufacture the complex Radomes for AWACS applications. Other Radome Structures include for SATCOM systems of AEW&C & AWACS.
Full capabilities and expertise available at CABS for design, develop, manufacture test and deliver various antenna systems for Radar, IFF . These include, slotted array technologies, micro strip and others.