DIPCOVAN Antibody Based Detection Assay for COVID-19
- Antibody tests are being now used to establish which health-care workers are immune to covid-19 and how soon normalcy is possible. Surveying large swaths of the public for antibodies to the new corona virus promises to show how widespread undiagnosed infections are, how deadly the virus really is, and whether enough of the population has become immune for social distancing measures to be eased.
- DIPAS has developed an antibody based detection assay for sero-surveillance in association with Vanguard diagnostics Pvt. Ltd., Delhi. The test is for both spike as well as nucleocapsid proteins to cover a wide range of spectrum of disease.
- Test license has been obtained from DCGI and brand name “DIPCOVAN” has been registered. Approval for validation of kit by ICMR at NIV Pune is under process. After launching the kit manufacturing license will be obtained by manufacturing company for mass production.
Medical Oxygen Plant (MOP)
- The Medical Oxygen Plant (MOP) is a technology which is an offshoot of the On Board Oxygen Generation System (OBOGS) project for medical grade oxygen generation on board Tejas, fighter aircraft. It utilises Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) technique and molecular sieve technology to generate oxygen directly from atmospheric air.
- This is approved by safety certification agency CEMILAC. The oxygen generator components have been developed by DRDO and technology has been transferred to industry.
- The technology is being used to install oxygen plants on some of the army sites on North East and Leh-Ladhakh Region. The first plant is operational since 2017. The plant complies with international standards like ISO 1008, European, US and Indian Pharmacopeia.
- This oxygen plant will be useful to provide oxygen supply during corona pandemic in hospital in urban and rural areas. The installation of medical oxygen gas plant helps in avoiding hospital dependency of scarce oxygen cylinders especially at high altitude and inaccessible remote areas. Benefits include reduced logistics of transporting cylinders to these areas, low cost, continuous and reliable oxygen supply available round the clock.
- The facility can be used for filling the cylinders in addition to direct installations at the hospitals.
- Salient Features
- High Reliability, full independency and automation
- Reduced Logistics, low cost, minimum maintenance
- Absolutely Oil free and safe
- 24/7-365 days operation, Onsite production of oxygen instantaneously from ambient air
- Electric Oxygen compressor to charge the cylinders upto 200 bar(g)
- High Performance molecular sieve (Li-LSX: Lithium based Low Silca X-Type zeolite)
- Stored oxygen supply for transient power failures
- Compliance with European/Indian Pharmacopeia and ISO 1008
- Low Energy consumption
- Frame Built, Skid Mounted design
- High Quality Touch screen control unit and remote control access
- Brief Specification of MOP
- Product Oxygen Concentration : 93±3 %
- Outlet Pressure : 4-6 bar ‘g’
- Capacity : 18 NM3/hr (300 LPM)
- Oil Content : ≤ 0.1 ppm
- Dew Point : < -50 ˚C
- Oxygen Compressor to charge oxygen cylinders of 47 litre water capacity at the rate of 20 cylinders per 8 hours.
- Patient Handling Capacity - The Oxygen plant is designed for a capacity of 18 NM3/hr. The system caters for 60 patients at a flow rate of 5 LPM and can charge 60 cylinders per day as per the calculation given below. The capacity can be varied as per hospital requirement, if required.
- No. of persons = ????? ????????/???? ???? ??? ??????=300/5=60
- Cylinder Charging Capacity
- The oxygen capacity depends on the pressure of filling, which is about 150-200bar.
- Capacity of standard jumbo cylinder = 47 litres
- Cylinder pressure = 150 bar
- Volumetric capacity of cylinder = 150×47=7,050 litres (at NTP)
- Oxygen capacity of plant for 24 hours = 18000×24 = 4, 32, 000 (at NTP)
- No. of cylinders that can be charged in 24 hours= 432000/7050≅60
- Cylinders- Apart from the standard cylinders available in the market, the details of Oxygen Cylinders designed by DRDO are:-
Type-I: Aluminium cylinder (6061-T6)
- Service Pressure : 150 bar
- Burst Pressure : 400 bar
- Cost (2.3 to 5 liters capacity) : Rs. 5,000/ to 6,000/ unit
- (10 liters capacity) : Rs. 11,000/ unit
- (21 liters capacity) : Rs. 16,000 to 18,000/unit
- Production Capacity : 3000 cylinders/month
Type/ Design-II: Aluminium cylinder
- Proof pressure : 225 bar
- Burst pressure : 400 bar
- Cylinder volume (Water Capacity) : 2.3±0.2 Liter
- Volumetric expansion at proof pressure: < 10 %
- Empty weight of the cylinder : Max. 1.5 Kg
Type-III: Carbon fibre based composite cylinder
- Service Pressure : 200 bar
- Burst Pressure : >600 bar
- Cost (2.3 to 5 liters capacity) : Rs. 25,000/ to 30,000/ unit
- Max Weight : 1.65 Kg
- Production Capacity : 1000 cylinders/month/ industry
SINGLE OUTLET AUTOMATED RESUSCITATOR (SOAR)
- An Assistive Breathing Device is developed called Single Outlet Automated Resuscitator (SOAR) based on the device developed for Indian Army for use in NBC containment environment.
- The device is tested and in various user trials and can provide respiratory support to COVID-19 patients in the hospital, in transit or COVID-19 patients at home.
- The system works with the blower/turbine as the source of the breathing air.
- It is a standalone system which can run on AC/DC/external battery and also by direct pneumatic supply.
- Breaths per Minute (BPM) : 8-40
- Minute Volume (MV) : 3-14 lit/min
- Airway pressure : 20-60 cm wc
- Weight : 7.5 Kg
- Battery back up : up to 6 hr
- Alarms for High Pressure/ Low pressure / Mask Disconnect / Patient Breathing.
TAARAN – SAFE PASSAGE PATIENTG TRANSFER SYSTEM
- A unique system is developed to transfer infected patients while protecting health care workers and general public from air borne/ droplet infections such as COVID-19.
- It is a SS wheel chair based design for transfer of patients not requiring stretchered evacuation. It has high capacity HEPA filters maintained at negative pressure to collect 99.99% of infectious droplets. The air flow is maintained such that every breath of the patient is sucked out.
- The aerosol containing viruses, bacterial / microbial pathogens are drawn into filtration assembly where micro-droplets are filtered while pathogens are neutralized by continuous UV-C exposure. The cleaned exhaust air is re-circulated back into the environment or can be directly used by patients with “re- succinating masks”.
- Suspected/ partially confirmed / confirmed patient can be rolled out to any location using this portable and mobile unit. It can be easily operated by single attendant. The system is useful for OPD clinics, acute care, in-patient areas, emergency rooms and portable field/ makeshift hospitals dedicated for COVID-19 management. The system is extremely beneficial as provisioning of quality health care.
- The system is completely indigenous and cost effective. It is being produced by identified industry partner(s).
|Sr. No.||Product||Laboratory||DRDO Contact||Industry||Detailed Address||Industry Contact Person|
|1||DIPCOVAN Antibody based Detection Assay for COVID-19||DIPAS, Delhifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vanguard Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd||C-123, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase-1, New Delhi110020||Mrs Veena Kohli|
CEO, Vanguard Diagnostics
|2||Medical Oxygen Plant||DEBEL,Bangloreemail@example.com|
|M/s Trident Pneumatics Pvt Ltd||5/232, KNG Pudur road Somayapalayam PO Coimbtore- 641108||Shri A Suresh|
|3||Single Outlet Automatic Resuscitator||DEBEL,Banglorefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|M/s ITI Limited||Doorvaninagar Bengaluru||TS Sudhaka, AGM|
|4||Taaran - Safe Passage Patient Transfer System||INMAS, Delhiemail@example.com|
|M/s Gel Craft Healthcare (P) Limited||A 2/48 G D Steel Compound, Sahibabad Industrial Area Site 4, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh 201010||Mob: 09810717192|