Areas of Work
Directorate of Rajbhasha and O&M works in the following areas
- Implementation and monitoring of the Official Language Policy and rules of Union in DRDO HQ & its Laboratories/Establishments/Centres, circulate the Presidential Orders regarding the Official Language, general orders, executive instructions/directions issued from time to time & other regulatory directions and the Annual Programme, issue guidelines to achieve the targets as mentioned in the Annual Programme.
- Conducting regularly quarterly Official Language Implementation Committee (OLIC) meetings.
- Undertaking Hindi translation work from English to Hindi and vice versa.
- Organizing Hindi workshop (minimum four workshops in a year) on Rajbhasha related topics, Hindi fortnight and Hindi Diwas.
- Coordination and support to DRDO Laboratories/Establishments/Centres for conducting Official Language Inspection by the Committee of Parliament on Official Language.
- Assistance and participation in Joint Official Language Inspection (DRDO and MOD) of various Laboratories/Establishments/Centres of DRDO.
- Conducting Headquarter level Official Language Inspection of various at least 25% Directorates/Laboratories/Establishments/Centres of DRDO for progressive use of Hindi.
- Implementation of all Hindi Incentive Schemes, Hindi dictation Schemes, Rajbhasha Gaurav and Rajbhasha Kirti Award Schemes etc promulgated by Ministry of Home Affairs and Book Award Scheme of DRDO for progressive use of Hindi in various DRDO HQ Directorates/Laboratories/Establishments/Centres.
- Obtain budget forecast from all the Laboratories/Establishments/Centres of DRDO for the activities related to implementation of Official Language and compile the same and project to DFMM, DRDO HQ leading to consolidated Rajbhasha budget allocation for DRDO Laboratories/Establishments/Centres.
- Review of quarterly progress reports on Official Language work of DRDO HQ and Laboratories/Establishments/Centres and send review report for implementation.
- Active Participation in quarterly Official Language Implementation Committee (OLIC) meeting of MOD Chaired by JS & CAO & follow up actions.
- Assistance/Guidance to various Laboratories/Establishments/Centres of DRDO for various Rajbhasha activities including organization of Seminar/Symposium.
- Translation and refresher Training of Translators/Assistant Director (OL)/Deputy Director(OL)/Joint Director (OL) and nominating personnel for Hindi Language/Hindi Typing/Hindi stenography training according to the roaster.
- Publication of In-House Magazine ‘Raksha Anusandhan Bharti’.
- Preparation of messages in Hindi for various in-House journals of various Laboratories/Establishments/Centres of DRDO.
- Preparation of consolidated Annual Reports of all Laboratories/Establishments/ Centres of DRDO for progressive use of Official Language Hindi in official work and sending the consolidated report to MoD.
- Attending Town Official Language Implementation Committee (TOLIC) meeting and follow up actions as per the directions taken in the meeting and meetings of the Hindi Advisory Committee Chaired under Hon’ble RM and follow up actions in accordance with decisions thereof.
- Notification of Laboratories/Establishments/Centres under Rule 10(4) of Rajbhasha Rules 1976.
- Creation of Hindi Posts and Hindi Cadre Review.
- To carry out all O&M related functions in DRDO as mandated by Government of India.
Policies and Directives
In pursuance of constitutional and legal provisions of the Official Language Act, 1963 and Official Language Rules of 1976 and Orders, to promote the use of Hindi in the official work, the Directorate of Rajbhasha and O&M is responsible for implementation of Official Language Policy of Government of India in all DRDO Laboratories/Establishments and Corporate HQ as well as to carry out the required Organization & Methods (O&M) functions. Constitutional and Legal Provisions regarding ‘Official Language’ are as follows.
- Part 17 of the Constitution of India (Articles 343 to Article 351) makes elaborate provisions with the Official Language of the Republic of India. The main provisions dealing with the Official Language of the Union are embodied in Articles 343 and 344 of the Constitution of India.
- The Official Language listed in the 8th Schedule of Constitution of India.
- 1963 Section 3(3) Act of Official Language of Constitution of India.
- Manual regarding the use of the Official Language Hindi.
- 1976 Rules on Official Language made by the Deptt. of Rajbhasha under MHA.
- Annual programme for transacting the Official work of the union in Hindi by Department of Official Language, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- In persuasion of Act and Rules on Official Language, the Directorate of Rajbhasha and O&M circulate the Presidential orders and general orders, executive instructions/directions and the Annual Programme issued by Department of Official Language for transacting the official work of the Union in Hindi regarding Official Language policy, to all the Laboratories/Establishments of DRDO.
- Periodically inspecting (as per prescribed targets in the Annual Programme of the Department of Official Language, monitoring and implementing all provisions of the Official Language Act, 1963, Official Language Resolutions dated 18 Jan 1968, Official Language Rules 1976, Presidential Orders issued from time to time and other regulatory directions (including Annual Programme issued by Department of Official Language every year) in all the Laboratories/Establishments of DRDO.
- Translation work from English-to-English and vice-versa received from various Directorates of DRDO HQ.
Events of Directorate of Rajbhasha
- Official Language Implementation Committee (OLIC) Meeting (Quarterly)
- MOD (Ministry of Defence) Official Language Implementation Committee (Quarterly)
- Hindi Workshop (Quarterly)
- HQrs Level Official Language Inspection (Minimum 25% of total Laboratories/Establishments in a year).
- Hindi fortnight (Yearly)
- Hindi Diwas (Yearly)
- Book Award Scheme of DRDO (Yearly)
- Publication of Hindi Magazine “Raksha Anusandhan Bharti” (Yearly)
- Implementation of Incentive Scheme of Original Hindi noting/Drafting (Yearly)
- Translation of English/Hindi official documents received from various Directorates of DRDO HQ in Hindi/English.
- Participation in Town Official Language Implementation Committee (TOLIC) meeting (Half yearly)
- Organizing cluster wise joint technical Symposium/Seminar (08 Clusters)
- Nomination for Hindi/Hindi Typing / Hindi stenography training (Half Yearly)
- Translation and refresher Training of Translators/Assistant Director (OL)/Deputy Director (OL) /Joint Director (OL) at Central Translation Bureau.
- Organising the Orientation programme for progressive use of Hindi in Laboratories/Establishments/Centres (Quarterly/Area wise)
Reports and Magazine
- Quarterly Progressive Report
- Annual Assessment Report
- Annual Report
- Inspection Questionnaire (HQrs & Joint)
- Parliamentary Inspection Questionnaire
The above forms are available on www.rajbhasha.nic.in