Directorate of Industry Interface & Technology Management (DIITM) became functional in 07 Dec 2009. This was formed by merger of C-Tech and Directorate of Technology Acquisition. DIITM serves as a Single Window in DRDO for administering Policies and matters related to Industry Interface and Technology Management.
DIITM plays a vital role in filling gap between Defence R&D and production by facilitating Transfer of Technologies (ToT) to industries. DIITM facilitates Limited Series Production (LSP) to cater the need of production of limited quantity of DRDO developed products. It also coordinates the production with industries to produce DRDO developed products as per Users’ requirements. DIITM is nodal directorate for the technology acquisition by DRDO under defence offsets. DIITM alsoprovides necessary policy framework and handholding support to the industries for the export of DRDO developed products. The major achievements of DIITM are given below:-
- Framed the “DRDO Policy for Transfer of Technology” and promulgated after approval of Hon’ble RakshaMantri
- Formulated the ‘DRDO Procedures for Transfer of Technology’ with the approval of Secretary DD R&D and chairman DRDO to implement the new ToT Policy.
- More than 900 Licensing agreements for ToTs have been signed with the Industries including major weapon systems like Fiber optics Gyro, Varunastra, Medium Power Radar etc.
- Commercialisation of DRDO developed technologies have been done for the benefit of society at large and more than 100 Licensing agreements signed till date.
- Interaction with more than 900 industries’ at 21 locations all over India.
- DRDO has successfully carried out LSP of NBC recce vehicle, NBC water purification system, etc.
- DRDO has processed more than 300 NoC requests for exports and 150 requests for Industrial License.
- Industry compendium containing details of industry partners who have partnered with DRDO at various stages has been compiled by DIITM
- Prepared compendium of products which have huge export potential.