1. Research & Development of Fire, Explosives and Environment Safety Technologies and Systems including Clearance for Constructing new facilities, Process Safety Audit and playing Advisory Role for MoD Establishments & Security Agencies
2. Promulgation of Explosive Safety Regulations (STEC) for MoD Establishments
3. Training in Fire Prevention, Fire Fighting and Allied Subjects
4. To create Necessary Infrastructure & Test Facilities for R&D and LSP, as applicable.
5. To generate all the necessary documentation.
6. To support upgrades throughout product Life Cycle.
7. To utilise technologies developed by other labs.
8. To develop the Spin-Off technologies.
9. To provide support and work with Govt. Agencies, Academia and Industry.
10. To undertake Life Assessment and Extension activities, wherever required