Defence Bioengineering and Electromedical Laboratory (DEBEL) is a premier laboratory of DRDO involved in the Research and Development in the area of Life Support Systems, Personal Protective Equipment and Biomedical Devices and Instrumentation leading to development of products for Service combatants.
The Charter of Duties Assigned to DEBEL are
- To carry out R&D activities in a number of interdisciplinary fields like Bioengineering, Electro-medical, Instrumentation and Human Engineering to meet the specific requirements of the Armed forces
- To conduct design and development work in accordance with service requirements and ensure availability of prototype equipment.
- To educate and assist industries in the fabrication of reliable prototype equipment and
- To lay down specification and maintenance instructions in respect of the Services
- To render such other technical advice to the services as may be required in the field of our
specialization and conduct training courses.
Details of Clients / Customers
Armed Forces, Paramilitary Forces, Civilian Health Services, Sister DRDO Laboratories, Home Ministry, PSUs etc
Expectations from the Client / Customer
Participation in development process starting from Qualitative Requirements (QRs) to design finalization, product development, technical trials, user trials and bulk production. It includes participation in the periodic review of projects and financial commitment in the Staff projects.
From the Academia
To support DRDO especially in the fundamental research in new generation materials that add on to the product development and product improvement. The academic institutes with state-of-the-art facilities and support from DRDO through Contract for Acquired Research Services (CARS), Extra-Mural Research & Intellectual Property Rights (ER&IPR) & Life Sciences Research Board (LSRB) sanctioned projects should develop materials and contribute to the ongoing R&D projects/programs.
From the Industry
To provide active participation as partners in development and upgradation of technology programmes, concurrent transfer of technology, absorption and production. To develop new process technologies through joint ventures.
In executing the above charter of duties, DEBEL is committed to the following
- Maintain and promote scientific temper and encourage innovation to enhance efficiency and performance of Service combatants.
- Synergize with our partners, consultants and academic institutions to achieve progress and recognize their contribution.
- Uphold the confidentiality of information about the projects in the spirit of Official Secrets Act.
- Practice zero-tolerance on any form of deviation from published procedure and conduct of day to day transaction in the spirit of law.
- Act with integrity, transparency and dedication.