- An eco-friendly, customizable, maintenance-free technologyfor human faecal matter digestion, for use in plains.
- Smaller than conventional septic tank system.
- Composed of Specially designed digester (Biotank), a consortium of bacteria & their
- Consortium of bacteria degrades organic waste into water and gases. Biogas generated can be harnessed.
- No-slurry system, thereby reducing maintenance (no manual scavenging/ cesspool emptying required).
- Reduced sewage load and pathogen.
- Secondary treatment of effluent water (use of Reed bed) for quality augmentation.
- Treated water can be reused for flushing, gardening etc.
TOT Status: Technology has been transferred to private firms for wide implementation.