- Projects or schemes of value to above concept would be
- The grant will be utilized :
- to meet consolidated emoluments/expenses as per DST
norms, of research fellows and technical staff specially
sanctioned for the project.
- to provide funds for meeting the cost of overhead
expenses of the host institution as per DST norms.
- for procuring special equipment, consumable stores,
chemicals etc, or for obtaining special services not
normally provided by the institution such as special tests
and evaluation, computer time, calibration and testing of
equipment and sub-systems: fabrication within workshop of
the institution, etc.
- to conduct conferences/workshops/seminars/symposia etc.
and to provide funds for promotional activities &
deputations within the country and abroad as per the
requirements of the project.
- to cover contingency expenses, viz: postage, typing,
printing, stationery, etc
- to meet travel expenses in India for projects including
their monitoring, symposia, seminar, etc. and for deputation
abroad in connection with presentation of papers in
International Symposia and for visit to advanced Life
Sciences R&D facilities and to meet expenses in India for
eminent scientists invited under the authority of LSRB.
- to publish research work in the form of a Technical
Report for dissemination to Life Sciences community in an
approved LSRB format.
- LSRB shall not make any personal payments to members of
the regular staff of the host institution.